Today after a long day hiking to Huckleberry Lookout in Glacier Park I just had to make a special treat. I was craving some coconut and these cookies definitely get me my coconut fix. Not only are the extremely simple to make but are gluten free and paleo diet friendly!
Ingredients: (makes about 24 cookies)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 14 oz. bag of coconut (about 5 cups)
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon of orange zest
Dark Chocolate chips for drizzling or dipping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a large bowl whip eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt (if you are adding orange zest it is added now as well) until glossy and very frothy
- Fold in coconut.
- Scoop mixture into balls of about 2 TBSP and place on parchment paper
- Bake for about 20 minutes of until top of cookies are golden brown
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle them onto the cookies or dip them as desired
So easy and so good! These will certainly satisfy any coconut craving with or without chocolate
Happy summer everyone!