Today after a long day hiking to Huckleberry Lookout in Glacier Park I just had to make a special treat. I was craving some coconut and these cookies definitely get me my coconut fix. Not only are the extremely simple to make but are gluten free and paleo diet friendly!
Ingredients: (makes about 24 cookies)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 14 oz. bag of coconut (about 5 cups)
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon of orange zest
Dark Chocolate chips for drizzling or dipping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a large bowl whip eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt (if you are adding orange zest it is added now as well) until glossy and very frothy
- Fold in coconut.
- Scoop mixture into balls of about 2 TBSP and place on parchment paper
- Bake for about 20 minutes of until top of cookies are golden brown
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle them onto the cookies or dip them as desired
Happy summer everyone!